fbpx

Life+News The Official News Portal of Independent Television Network Ltd

Triple MotoGP world champion Lorenzo announces retirement

ITN News Editor
By ITN News Editor November 15, 2019 12:40

Triple MotoGP world champion Lorenzo announces retirement

Triple MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo announced he would retire after this weekend’s season-ending race in Valencia.

The 32-year-old Mallorcan’s departure after an injury-blighted season leaves a coveted vacancy alongside compatriot Marc Marquez, the six times MotoGP world champion, at the Repsol Honda team. He said his difficulties this season led to his decision to retire. Lorenzo moved from Ducati at the end of 2018 but has struggled with fitness and the handling of the RC213V bike. He is 19th overall with a meagre 25 points from 18 races, and without a single top 10 finish, compared to Marquez’s runaway tally of 395. Lorenzo said earlier this month that he needed a month or a month and a half without racing in order to recover fully for next season but has now decided to call it a day.

ITN News Editor
By ITN News Editor November 15, 2019 12:40

SPORTS NEWS- VIEW ALL

CRICKET- VIEW ALL

FOOTBALL- VIEW ALL

ATHLETICS- VIEW ALL

OTHER SPORTS- VIEW ALL