Life+News The Official News Portal of Independent Television Network Ltd

WHO sees Congo’s Ebola outbreak lasting 3-4 months at least

ITN News Editor
By ITN News Editor October 12, 2018 13:27

WHO sees Congo’s Ebola outbreak lasting 3-4 months at least

The World Health Organization said Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ebola outbreak is expected to last several months and could spread at any time to Uganda or Rwanda, which are well prepared but have not approved use of a vaccine. But the most concerning area is the city of Beni in Congo’s North Kivu province, where dozens of people who may have been exposed to the deadly disease are hiding from healthworkers, emergency response chief Peter Salama told Reuters. The outbreak has now caused 194 cases and 122 deaths, and two-thirds of cases in the past month have been in and around Beni, where the Ebola response was disrupted last month by a spate of attacks by armed groups and a period of official mourning.

ITN News Editor
By ITN News Editor October 12, 2018 13:27
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*

BUSINESS NEWS- VIEW ALL

SPORTS NEWS- VIEW ALL

ENTERTAINMENT- VIEW ALL