Life+News The Official News Portal of Independent Television Network Ltd

Many dead and injured after New Zealand mosque shootings

ITN News Editor
By ITN News Editor March 15, 2019 14:26

Many dead and injured after New Zealand mosque shootings

A gunman opened fire prayers at a mosque in New Zealand, killing many worshippers and forcing the city of Christchurch into lockdown, in what looked set to be the country’s worst ever mass shooting.

New Zealand media reported that between nine and 27 people were killed, but the death toll could not be confirmed. Police said multiple fatalities had occurred at two mosques, but it was unclear how many attackers were involved. “Anywhere up to 500 individuals” would have been worshipping in the mosque at the time of the shooting. New Zealand’s Police Commissioner Mike Bush said four people – three men and a woman – had been taken into custody but it was not clear if the gunman was among them or if other people were involved. Bush also said it should not be assumed the attack was isolated to Christchurch.

ITN News Editor
By ITN News Editor March 15, 2019 14:26
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

<

BUSINESS NEWS- VIEW ALL

SPORTS NEWS- VIEW ALL

ENTERTAINMENT- VIEW ALL