With the opening of the second phase of the Southern expressway, by the President yesterday, the expressway was extended up to Matara. Sri Lanka Transport Board has made arrangements to provide transport services to the public from today. Accordingly luxury bus services from Kaduwela to Galle and Matara were commenced this morning. Ten busses will be operated from Kaduwela to Matara and twelve busses from Galle to Kaduwela. Ten busses have been deployed from Maharagama to Matara. The bus services which begin from Kaduwela from 4.45 a.m. will be in operation until 8.00 p.m., with a bus plying at every forty minutes. The bus fare from Kaduwela to Matara is five hundred rupees. Passengers and the drivers expressed their appreciation for the Government for the services provided.
ITN Live Webcast
ITN Live With Time Shift Function (Rewind / Pause)
- ITN News 2013-01-10 9.30PM 9229 views
- Passenger bus services begins from Kaduwela to Matara on the Southern expressway. 7751 views
- Applications for re-correction of O/L results till 25th 4879 views
- Scholarship cutoff marks released 3640 views
- Niroga lottery launched for welfare of kidney patients 3635 views