Hoover Dam, once known as Boulder Dam, is a concrete arch gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colarado River, on the border between the US states of Arizona and Nevada. It was constructed between 1931 and 1936 during the Great Depression and was dedicated on September 30th 1935 by President Franklin D.Roosevelt.
ITN Live Webcast
ITN Live With Time Shift Function (Rewind / Pause)
- Police Officers to get a salary hike of 45 percent
- 16 students injured in accident in Colombo
- President calls on South Asian leaders to join in eradicating the narcotics menace
- PM reveals of plans to divide the Western Province into 20 main towns and develop the infrastructure
- EC highlights granting leave for Private Sector employees for voting